Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What's in it? Aspartame

OK, it's in over 6,000 items, almost everything that's labeled "diet" and "sugar-free", it's even in children's chewable vitamins.

What is it and is it safe?

There is a ton of controversy concerning Aspartame and I'm not even going to get into the argument whether or not it should even be legally allowed in food.

When ingested Aspartame breaks down into three components:

Aspartic Acid, Phenylalanine and Methanol

These products break down further into Formaldehyde and Formic Acid.

I don't know about you, but I do not want to purposefully ingest formaldehyde!!

Methanol causes blindness, and it is highly advised that pregnant women not come into contact with it at all!!

There have been studies that connect the use of Aspartame to everything from Autism, seizure disorders, gulf war syndrome, and even DEATH, among countless others!!

Seriously, DO NOT INGEST!!

There was actually some truly eye opening information regarding this product, and I suggest that you do some research on your own just to see exactly WHO is controlling WHAT we eat.

It's pretty amazing to see that an item that was originally proposed to the FDA as a drug for peptic ulcers (not accepted due to side effects) is now one of the most common and socially acceptable artificial sweeteners.

0 comments:

Post a Comment